Monday, October 3, 2011

Chile

I'm not posting in any particular order...just as I remember things. Last Christmas, we were able to spend it with Nico's family in chile! It started out with a long plane ride ( Abby slept the whole 14 hours on the plane, thank goodness) and it ended with a lot of great memories and I think I gained about 20 pounds eating all the great food! Nico's parents hadn't seen abby until we came to visit, so it was so much fun for them to meet their granddaughter. They realized real quick that she is a diva :) The plane ride wasn't bad at all and it went by pretty quick and Abby did AMAZING. I was so worried she would cry the whole time and everyone would get annoyed. But we got lucky and she was perfect. When we got to the airport in chile, we were exhausted and ready to sleep. Nico and I took a lot of naps on this trip with the time difference. I have never been out of the country, so I never really knew what to expect. Chile is Beautiful!! I loved it. Nico's parents lived 5 hours away from Santiago where the airport is at. We started driving to La Serena and we had to stop and get gas and something to eat. When we were getting gas, a guy would come and fill it up for us... I thought that was so cool! We ate tons and I was able to meet most of Nico's family. This was one of the times where I really wish I knew spanish. I wanted to be able to sit and talk with family and get to know them so they could get to know me. Hopefully, one day a miracle will happen and I will learn spanish. We loved being with Family and I loved seeing where Nico grew up. I hope abby will appreciate both cultures and learn all she can.Here are some pictures from our trip! We can't wait until we can go back to chile and eat the best BBQ's, be with family, and see new things!

On the beach in La Serena :)


Nico LOVES his fish with bread :)



I'm on a boat!


Nico with Abby and our CUTE niece Augustina!

more pics to come soon...

No comments: